Drömma vs. Bed In A Box
The Drömma Bed may be mistaken as just another memory foam bed. But, there is little similarity of luxury comfort, construction quality, durability between the Drömma Bed and other popular mattresses. The Drömma Bed mattress is an incomparably luxurious and durable mattress that exceeds competitors’ quality features and benefits in workmanship and almost all other categories of comparison.
To help you be fully confident in your decision to purchase a Drömma Bed mattress, below we have provided contrasting information from research on the Drömma Bed and the Bed In A Box mattresses features and benefits.
The Drömma Bed vs. Bed In A Box
The Drömma Bed — Drömma’s company founders’ vision was to create a more comfortable, more durable, more luxurious mattress, that would be eco-friendly and American-made—all at a competitive price. The idea was to succeed by developing a mattress based on extensive consumer research. We were committed to creating a mattress in the light of the most thorough possible understanding of mattress users’ positive and negative experiences with other memory foam mattresses on the market. And, that’s what we’ve done.
Bed In A Box — The Bed In A Box is admittedly a good value. But, the overall quality of the mattress does not equal the Drömma Bed. Drömma’s founders used consumer research revealing the many mistakes in other mattress, including the Bed In A Box, as a major part of the strategy for developing a design plan specifically to avoid those mistakes.
Technological Revolution in Memory Foam Mattresses
Drömma’s innovative combination of luxurious comfort, high-tech features for premium sleep experience, and eco-friendly materials set the Drömma Bed apart from other popular memory foam mattresses. Drömma has integrated the best design qualities of other memory foam products with new innovations, to create the world’s highest quality of luxury memory foam mattress. Drömma Bed out-performs Bed In A Box, and other popular memory foam beds, in most areas of evaluation, yet is priced well within the range of other popular memory foam mattresses.
Drömma Bed Features
The Drömma Bed combines the following innovative features for comfort and quality:
- Triple-Layer Construction — Total 12″ mattress height, including an ultra-support foundation layer, cooling gel mid-layer, and an antimicrobial and hypoallergenic top layer. Drömma has helped elevate our industry’s quality standard by offering 12″ mattress height. This 12″ inches of layering affords maximum plushness for comfort and structure for support. Test participants have overwhelmingly recognized Drömma’s superior comfort.
- Responsive Adapt Foam Top Layer — Top 1.5″ Drömma’s Adapt Foam layer provides exceptional support, buoyancy, and rapid recovery (bounce). This breathable latex top layer has been designed with breathing holes, to promote superior air circulation in the mattress. This feature gives users a cleaner and cooler sleep experience.
- Cooling Comfort Layer — Drömma’s 2.5” layer of cooling gel memory foam (Preserve VG Visco Elastic Gel) provides cooler sleep and enhances comfort and support for the neck, back, and hip areas. This eco-friendly layer separates the Drömma Bed from memory foam mattresses that “sleep hot”, meaning that they retain heat and cause the temperature around the body to rise to uncomfortable degrees.
- Choices of Firmness Level — Some memory foam mattress manufacturers actually take pride in advertising that they offer only one choice of firmness. Yet, a common customer complaint is that mattresses they try/buy are too firm or too soft.
Drömma users have two firmness options, to help ensure an optimum sleep experience. The two provide equal support, comfort, and motion transfer prevention. This choice of firmness is one of the reasons consumers rate the Drömma Bed so highly compared to other memory foam mattresses in blind tests.
- No Box Springs Needed — Bedding experts have tended to agree that box springs are not really necessary for memory foam mattress use. Traditional mattresses are less stable without box springs. A high-quality memory foam mattress can be used on any flat, firm surface. (See additional information on this point in our blog post.)
- High Weight Capacity — Drömma Bed supports 400 – 500 lbs. without losing shape. Heavier weight can eventually cause some indentations.
- Nominal Off-Gassing — Typically, opening up a new memory foam mattress box releases a very strong chemical odor that can stay in your home for days. This off-gassing dissipates and is usually not harmful. But, it can certainly be unpleasant, and may even be a physical irritant to some people. Drömma uses soy-based foams, which emit virtually no detectible fumes.
- Hand Sewn Cover — The Drömma Bed cover is all hand-sewn in the US, and it is made of high-end American-made materials. The covers are incomparably soft and durable, and they’re completely removable and machine washable.
- Free Trial Period — Drömma’s exceptionally long 200-Day Trial Period is risk free.
- Environment-Friendly — Many competitors’ mattresses are produced with entirely petroleum-based polyurethane cores. The Drömma Bed contains an 8″ Visco memory foam core, and a 2.5″ cooling gel layer of soy-based foam polymer. (These two bio-based forms are 100% Certi-PUR US certified. These reduce petroleum dependency, and are healthier for the environment.
Comparison of Drömma and Bed In A Box
|The Drömma Bed||Bed In A Box|
|12″ Mattress Height||13″ Mattress Height|
|Top Layer of Adaptive Foam (for responsiveness)||2″ Adaptive Quilted Top Cover|
|Cooling Gel Layer||Smart Thermocules in the Cover|
|Two Mattress Firmness Options||One Mattress Firmness Option|
|Features for Pressure Relief||Gel Infused Layer for Pressure Relief|
|Movement Doesn’t Disturb Partner||Movement Doesn’t Disturb Partner|
|Antimicrobial and Hypoallergenic top layer|
|Off-Gassing — Nominal|
|Mattress Cover with Zipper (Removable and Washable)|
|12-Year Warranty||20-Year Warranty|
|200-Night Trial, Risk Free||120-Night Trial, Money Back Guarantee|
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping|
|100% Eco-Friendly Materials||4″ of foam are soy-based|
|100% Made in US||All Foam Cores Made in the US|
|Pricing: Queen from $999 King from $1,099||Pricing: Queen from $1,899, King from $2,199|
|Discount Coupons on Website||Discounts Advertised on Website|
NOTE: Empty blanks in the table above indicate either that the indicated feature is not available in the Bed In A Box mattress, or in its related services, or that the inclusion is unclear because the information is not offered on the Bed In A Box Website.
Bed In A Box
Bed In A Box provides standard quality and functionality in its memory foam mattress. Standard and special features of the Bed In A Box mattress include:
- 13″ Mattress Height
- CoolRest® Adaptive plush quilted cover for cooler sleep
- Layers of specialty foams for support and comfort
- 2” of gel-infused quilting foam for pressure relief
- 2” of AirRest™ Adaptive foam uses trapped air for pressure relief (good for lumbar support)
- 4″ soy-based transitional foam
- Dense, durable core
Our research has shown that while Bed In A Box has multiple positive qualities and offers sufficient comfort and durability design features and materials to serve its customers at its current price point. It does not combine all of the features and benefits that memory foam mattress users have indicated through consumer research that they want in a mattress in the Bed In A Box class.
Based on Drömma’s extensive consumer research and competitive market analysis, it appears clear enough that the considerably more comprehensive design of the Drömma Bed, in contrast to the Bed In A Box—Drömma’s more advanced material technologies and structural components, eco-friendly materials, and premium quality of comfort and durability of the Drömma Bed make it today’s most ideal luxury sleep system.
For More Information
For more information about Drömma Bed, contact Drömma. We look forward to hearing from you.