If you’ve landed on this page, you were probably looking for information or reviews about a Leesa Mattress. Maybe you saw an ad on Facebook, or heard about it through a friend. Many of our customers ask us how our bed compares to Leesa’s bed. So we made this comparison page to show you just how The Dromma Bed measures up.
Leesa was one of the first big players in the “bed in a box” memory foam mattress category. Even as a competitor, we would never deny to a potential customer that they make a decent bed – you would probably be quite happy sleeping on one. But after admitting this, we’d then ask that same person why they would want to spend their money on last year’s technology, when they could buy a newer, more advanced, and much more comfortable bed, for nearly the same price?
Our founders started this company after seeing many of the mistakes being made by existing Bed-In-A-Box Memory Foam Mattress manufacturers (Leesa included), and wanting to create something better – something truly innovative – which is exactly what we did. Our team has created the bed of tomorrow, using the most modern innovations in material technology & ergonomic design. We analyzed the best features from many of the existing beds on the market – then, along with a team of industry experts, and after months of painstaking research, design, & testing – we managed to combine them all into one, truly perfect bed. Although similar in price – The Dromma Bed hands down surpasses Leesa is nearly every major review category.
- 12″ Mattress Height – Dromma has raised the bar of quality within the online mattress industry as one of the first to offer a 12″ mattress height – 2 inches more than the 10″ industry standard offered with a Leesa. You might ask, Does 2 inches really make a difference? Based on rigorous testing, we strongly believe that no less than 12″ can be considered a true luxury bed. While 2″ in height may not sound like a lot – on an 80″ x 60″ queen-sized bed, that equates to 9600 cubic inches of extra padding & support! All you have to do is lay on one to feel the difference in comfort.
- Eco-Friendly Materials – Many memory foam beds such as the Leesa are made entirely from petroleum-based polyurethane foam cores. Dromma’s 2 foam layers – the 2.5″ Cooling Gel Layer & the 8″ Visco Memory Foam Core – are both made from an innovative Eco-Friendly foam polymer. This foam replaces a portion of the traditional petroleum-based polymer with a natural, Soy-based polymer. As a result, the foam is sustainable, reduces dependency on petroleum, uses less toxic chemicals, & is far better for the environment.
- Off-Gassing – There’s nothing worse than opening your memory foam bed & being kicked in the face with a strong chemical smell that can last for days. We call that smell “Off-Gassing”. Some compare this smell to a freshly painted room or to a new car. While off-gassing is temporary & usually harmless, the odor can be annoying to some, and can cause minor physical irritations for others. Apart from being better for the environment, one of the other benefits of Dromma’s soy-based foams is that they produce almost no noticeable off gassing. This allows you to enjoy your new bed from from day one without having to inhale any pungent fumes.
- Comfort : Two Levels of Firmness – One of the common complaints we saw from customers of other brands was that they felt their beds were either “too soft” or “too firm”. Brands such as Leesa were so concerned with marketing a “one bed fits all” design – they didn’t stop to consider whether their bed really was equally comfortable to everyone. While “too soft” or “too firm” may be mostly subjective based on user preferences, the firmness of a mattress is determined largely by the density of the foam core – the denser the foam, the firmer the mattress feels. While Leesa prides itself on offering just one firmness level for all sleepers – we recognized that not everybody has the same preferences in what they consider comfortable. That is why we offer customers two different firmness levels to choose from. Both beds offer the same level of support, comfort & protection from motion transfer, but different density foams allow for maximum sleep quality regardless of the sleeper’s firmness preferences. That is one of many reasons why users have rated The Dromma Bed much higher than Leesa in comfort levels in blind consumer tests.
- Breathable Latex Top Layer – The Dromma Bed offers a top 1.5 inch layer of latex for support, bounce, faster recovery, and increased air circulation – a feature not found on the Leesa. Unlike our competitors, Dromma’s latex layer was engineered with breathing holes to promote increased circulation throughout the bed. This helps prevent you from overheating during the night while providing maximum bounce, support and structural recovery
- Cooling Gel Layer – A common complaint of many lower quality foam beds is that they sleep “hot” – an issue we had seen reported by some Leesa customers. Memory foam tends to be a very insulating material – meaning it can retain a lot of body heat. The Dromma Bed incorporates a 2.5 inch layer of Eco-friendly cooling gel memory foam, which helps offset this issue, allowing you to stay comfortable throughout the night.
- Hand Sewn Cover – The Dromma cover is hand sewn in the USA, sourced 100% from the highest quality U.S. made materials. This ensures our covers are both incredibly soft & incredibly durable. The Dromma cover is completely removable & 100% machine washable.
- Extended Trial Period & Warranty – Dromma’s 200 Day Risk-Free Trial Period is 100 days longer than Leesa’s. Additionally, our 12 Year Product Warranty is one of the longest of any brand in the entire sector. This means you can purchase your bed with a greater peace of mind, and guaranteed satisfaction for years to come.